Fiona has extensive experience as a coach of triathletes, swimmers, runners and cyclists and has developed an athlete-centric coaching system for endurance sport, using her qualifications, experience and approach which is evidence-based in sports science and uses technologies to enhance athletic potential.
Fiona is a qualified, full time coach with experience over 10 years coaching and mentoring and 20 years as a world class triathlete, across both Standard and Ironman triathlon distances. Fiona was one of the rare athletes that managed to break into the Professional ranks, whilst working full time job. Consequently, her coaching approach is focused on workouts that emphasise quality vs quantity to ensure athletes enjoy having a purpose to every session.
This approach resonates with any athlete that has a busy lifestyle, family commitments, travel or a demanding career to manage alongside their sport/ passion!
Fiona’s area of expertise as a coach is creating and implementing fully individualised coached progressions due to her qualifications in Sport Science (M.Sc) and Education (B.Ed), and educating her athletes to become their own ‘expert’ in their training, recovery and performance.
- M.Sc – St Mary’s University, Twickenham UK
- B.Ed – University of Western Sydney, Australia
- British Triathlon Level 3 triathlon coach
- Swim Smooth Certified Coach
- Graduate member of the Sports and Exercise Register (SENR)
- Level 2 qualified International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK)
- Level 1 Biomechanics Coach